Thursday, September 17

Potty Training

One of the worst jobs of a parent is potty training. It's time consuming and whether you are working with a kid that wants to do it or not, it's messy! Amelia has been doing extremely well, I really shouldn't complain. Well, and I'm not really complaining. She probably would have been done if I would have started working with her 6 months ago, but with a newborn, that was nearly impossible!

Funny story today - she was supposed to be napping in my bed, but I heard her foot stool being pushed around upstairs. I went up to find her getting a washrag. I asked if she peed in my bed, and she said no. And I turned around and she had peed on the floor (the wood floor, thank goodness). I missed the puddle when I walked by by like inches! And she also had a turd in her panties (a hard one and easy to dump and flush, thank goodness). I'm SO grateful that this was not done in my bed! And I'm just giggling because this is not the first time she's peed on the floor and taken it upon herself to clean it up. What 2-yr old cleans up their own mess?!

I can't wait until this task is done. But only a few months rest before the next one starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment