Wednesday, August 9

Peek-a-boo Hair



As a mother, one is always needing to be inventive. Especially when there is a crabby kid and a shortage of toys. Here I am playing Pee-a-boo...with my hair. I knew there was a reason that I grew it out. I think he sat and did this with me for about 20 minutes.

Lately, the biggest challenge I have with Jack is car rides. An active 16-month old HATES to be strapped in his seat. On my 80-minute drive to my parent's house, he screams off and on for about 60 minutes of it. It's a nightmare! Poor Ellie...she trys to appease him, but we are both out of ideas. The other night she was exceptionally quiet, I asked her what was wrong. She responded, "I'm sad." I couldn't imagine what about, so I asked why for. "Because Bubba is screaming." It's making both of us nuts.

Even a quick trip up to Ames to run an errand can have me running to the liquor cabinet as soon as I return home. Luckily, I don't have a liquor cabinet...

No comments:

Post a Comment