Tuesday, September 12

Ellie to "School"


Ellie has started going to a daycare that does preschool activities. She goes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 3 hours. Jack accompanies her, but is in a different room with his age group. For him, it's some much needed time being social with other kids and being away from the mama.

Last week, Ellie's class talked about tools, and she made her very own tool belt....complete with a hammer, screwdriver, and wrench. She's very proud that 1) she colored on it (it's construction paper), and 2) it has her name on it. This week they are talking about grocery shopping and she was super pumped to take in some empty boxes of stuff that I saved to share with the class.

She is really enjoying it and talks about going to "school" all the time. I think she's met some friends, but her teacher says that she does tend to play on her own. I'm sure that will change! Jack is doing okay...he still isn't so sure about being left by mom for 3 hours. But his room leaders assure me that he stops crying as soon as I leave.

Today, when I picked them up their classes were both outside....but Jack's is fenced into a different area than his sister's. He doesn't like that one bit. He wants to be out playing with her. It's a good thing that I arrive shortly after they get out there...otherwise, I think he'd just stand at the fence longing to be with Ellie. Poor little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment