Friday, November 3

Halloween






The kids had the priviledge to Trick-or-Treat 2 times this year. On Monday night with their dad in the Des Moines area, and then on Tuesday night in Huxley with us. I decided keep Jack home with me and greet the kids at the door, while Billy took Ellie out with our neighbors in our Huxley neighborhood. Our street wasn't super busy, but I was able to get rid of the candy I purchased.

Ellie was Superman both nights. Jack was a chicken the first nite, and a little Jr Clown with me on Tuesday night. They brought home loads of candy, which will probably last us until next year when the parade candy is free flowing in July. For Jack's first year, he did very well. He wasn't scared of the creepy masks...and caught on to the whole "go to the door and get candy" thing. It doesn't take long, does it?

I didn't take any pictures of the pumpkin carving...they really didn't want much to do with it. So I hurried and did it myself just an hour prior to Trick-or-Treaters ringing my bell. No time like the present! Overall, a good year....lots of fun as usual. We are looking forward to doing more spooky stuff in our yard next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment