Thursday, January 17

Animal Shelter


Standing over the cat - making sure he doesn't move.

Sitting down ... the cat hasn't moved.


This is taking too long, I'm going to lay down.

My home has become the animal shelter for my sister's cat and dog - since the recent house fire (click on the link to my sister's blog Skaar - to the left) they are staying in a hotel and even if they allowed pets there would be no room for the two of these guys.

Sydney, the dog, is obsessed with cats. She has to have her eyes on them at all times! I can't imagine how she'll get any sleep tonight. Midnight, whom you'd assume is black, but is white - is pretty laid back. Thankfully, because in a home with 3 small children and a cat-obsessed dog, you've gotta be able to roll with it.

I like the snuggles, wagging tails, and purring - but I will not miss the hairy couch, barking at the mailman during naptime, cleaning the litter box, and muddy paw prints. I can't believe I used to have both of these creatures in Ames - when did I find the time! These two better bring on the love if they intend to stay for more than a week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment