Wednesday, February 20

Doctor Visit

I took the all three kids to the doctor yesterday. Amelia's 9-month well-check, Jack's 3-year well-check, and then Ellie had her hearing screened again.

Amelia - growing fine, doing well. 17lbs, 27 inches. Almost exactly the same size Jack was at this age. Found that she had her first ear infection, she is on antibiotics right now. She hasn't run a fever or been real fussy, so I was a little surprised. But we are all sick here - so I suppose I shouldn't be.

Ellie - she's been seeing someone to help her with her speech - and they wanted to have her hearing screened again. She can hear fine - so obviously, it's a focusing issue. Hmmmm?? Surprised, anyone?

Jack - to no surprise, he is in the 5th percentile in height and weight. He's proportionate, but is needing to put on some pounds. (He'll be 3 next month, and is just fitting into 2T clothing). So we need to push the protein and try to get this little guy to eat more. I wanted to share what he said during his vision screen.

For 3-year olds, since they don't know letters yet, they use a series of pictures. The 3 pictures of different sizes were an umbrella, a house, and an apple. The first picture, when asked what it was, Jack said, "A rain thing." And the 2nd picture he said, "Where a dog lives." I thought those were both very good descriptions of the items pictured. And he said it in his cute little voice. I wish I could have had it on video.

Overall, healthy kids. We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment