Friday, May 30

Ellie's Preschool Graduation


Okay, so when Michelle, Ellie's teacher handed me a little invite to her preschool graduation, I said, "Oh, corny!" I mean, really? Is this necessary? And another mom was standing next me, and she starts oooing and gooing about it. We just all had a good laugh at how non-gooey I am. Some of the mom's are talking about how sad it is that their child will be starting Kindergarten in the and I'm like, "Praise God! Get this girl out of my hair!" All thought with love, of course! Ellie is one of those children that as soon as she started crawling at 9 months, she's had me on my toes ever since! I even gave Michelle a "thank you for putting up with Ellie" gift before we left the last day.

But I have to admit - I was pleasantly surprised at how cute the graduation was. Tony and Jana came up - and Ellie was excited to have us all there to watch the event. They sang some of their favorite songs, that had actions, of course. Funny stuff. And they also read their favorite book - Bark, George - which was very fun. The best part was when Michelle called each child up to get their diploma and had them answer the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Some good ones were: tooth fairy, mail deliverer, a mom. Maybe I'll think of some others.

The video below shows Ellie saying she wants to be a ballerina. Too bad I don't have her enrolled in any dance classes. Hmmmm.... I think I'm killing that dream.

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe how big they are all getting! You do a great job blogging I love all the updates. Hope everyone is doing great! Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete