Sunday, January 17

Amelia gets burned


At the beginning of the month, I started running on my treadmill regularly, so I've been leaving it out. I always flip the switch to turn it off, and sometimes even unplug it. The kids have not known where the switch was -- and so I've felt pretty safe leaving it out. They have been told over, and over that it's not a jungle-gym, it's not a toy -- even though they insist on making it a rocket ship, race car, or something else everyday.

Between Lilah and Ellie and Jack, they managed to plug it in, flip the switch, and put the key in. Of course, it's the little kid standing by that gets hurt. Amelia ended up with a small 2nd degree burn on the top of her hand. She favored it a bit today, but didn't ever really complain. So I guess it just looks worse than it feels.

Hopefully the big kids learned a valuable lesson last night ... mom makes rules for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment