Thursday, December 9

Tour Of Homes

Our local community group, HERO has done a Holiday Tour of Homes for the past few years. Each year I've been on the committee, and have wanted to be on the tour. Well, this was my year! In the midst of all the commotion, this was a nice way for me to retreat. Decorating for Christmas! I've had a fun theme in my head for years, and even though I didn't quite pull it all off - I really liked my results. The event raised over $1000 for two local charities here in Huxley. Here are a few pictures from that day, December 5, 2010:


Our big tree in the Great Room. Full of fun feathers, glitter & sequins in pink, aqua and lime green! This was my favorite to put together.

The windows hold wreaths and are adorned with green foil garland.

My dad made our mantel and got it installed, so I was able to set pretty stuff above the fireplace. Yeah!!

I have a collection of Christmas plates that are beautifully displayed in my buffet

Table setting, featuring my pink and silver china

More feathers! And this beautiful pink poinsettia!

Ellie's Room has a black & white theme with splashes of aqua and pink

I received the most compliments on my light trees along the basement wall.

One of 7 wreaths my mom put together for me. Feathers are my favorite!

Jack's tree is a "HUNT, FISH, CAMP" theme

Kids bathroom blue w/ snowflakes

The little girls room is, of course, pink!

My bedroom is done in browns and golds

No comments:

Post a Comment