Monday, March 1

Evelyn's 1st Birthday

"What is that?!" We made sure she didn't touch the flame.

"Anyone want to share?"

"This is delicious!"

She's no longer a baby, right? I hope not! Because I love all her cuddles. Evelyn Bernice turned 1 on Sunday, February 7th. Her well-check appointment the next day went okay -- except that we found a double ear infection. Her first. She weighed 18 lbs. 10 oz and was 28 inches long. Which is the same as Jack and Amelia were at their 12 month checks.

We had her birthday party on Saturday -- most of my family was able to be here along with her sitter. She did a great job destroying a creme-filled cupcake.

She is was not walking at the time of her birthday ... and still isn't. Billy claims that she took two steps yesterday. I'll believe it when I see it. Any day I try, she's not at all interested. She does walk along things, crawls like a champ, and maneuvers up and down the stairs. But she's too scared to stand alone!

Let's see what else.... she is still a mama's girl. If I have busy days that I am not able to spend much time with her, she gets pretty whiny. She loves to scream -- usually for joy, but sometimes for attention. She also is pretty keen on her big brother.

Her favorite pastime is getting into the cupboard under the sink, or playing the toilet. Two places we are always trying to keep her out of. But it never fails, the kitchen is unmanned, or the bathroom door gets left open.

No really words yet. She'll say "ba-ba" for a bottle, but we are nearly done with those. "ma-ma" and "da-da." I think it's fun that she blows her nose and drinks out of a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment