Tuesday, March 2

Jack's Growth

About six months ago, we were a little concerned about Jack's learning - specifically his letters and numbers. The kids knows every superhero and Transformer name, but to recognize a letter in his own name was nearly impossible! We worked with him at home, we even looked into getting him a tutor. The kid could just not retain the information he was learning.

Luckily, in just the past few weeks, he's starting to get it! I'm so relieved! He excels at every other "subject" at preschool, and I didn't want this one hiccup to hold him back. He still struggles to say the name of the letter, but visually he knows it and can associate it with something. Like "J" - "That's in my name!" So we just have to ask what his name starts with ... he thinks about it and then figures it out. "J! It's a J!"

He's also really starting to do well coloring and drawing pictures. He drew a really cute one of Gma Barb and Papa Denny sitting together outside on a bench. The one above is a picture of me -- in case you couldn't tell. I believe the top reads "mom" or my name possibly.

Also, a fun little blurb I had posted on Facebook. Jack and Evelyn have become quite the little duo. She is always thrilled when he comes home. And he does a wonderful job of playing with her and trying to keep her occupied. The other day when I picked Jack up from school, he asked, "Mom, where is Evelyn." I replied, "We are going to go get her." He said, "That's good, because she's my sweetheart." Awe. What a nice big brother. We'll see how long it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment