Wednesday, May 9

Planting Green Beans



This is my first attempt and putting a video on the blog! If it doesn't work, than here are a few stills that I captured too. I'm sure this will just make my dad's day (who is a proud gardener) ... my kids planting our first row of green beans in the garden.

For those of you unfamiliar with my childhood, green beans were always my nemesis in the summer. I didn't like the hot weather, the bending over, the bugs and other scary things in the garden, or anything that had to do with gardening those darn green beans. So slyly, I convinced everyone else in my family that I was incapable of picking them, and instead sat inside and waited for them to bring me a 5-gallon bucket full to break while in the air-conditioning watching tv. It was still awful, but not helping was not an option.

Now, here I am passing the curse along to my children. Luckily, it's only 1 row of beans (not 5-8) and I think we'll all be able to handle the work. Will canning beans be in my future when we get a bigger garden?? If so, again, I'll be passing the buck to Billy & my kids for the outdoorsy stuff. I'll be inside...where there aren't risk of daddy-long-legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment