Thursday, January 15

How good can it get?

Occasionally, the following situation happens, and I am just shocked and amazed -- and completely blessed!

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, our routine consists of Jack & Amelia going to LilyPad Learning Center for preschool and daycare in the morning. When they get home, Jack has lunch and I put Amelia down for her nap. Many days, Jack will ask, "Mom, are you going to work?" And I usually say yes, when you go down for your nap. But he wants me to go downstairs right away, so he can play upstairs on his own. I think he enjoys the quiet time with no sisters around!

Today, and some other times, he'll want to watch a cartoon. And I say that that's fine, but when it's over it's time to go lay down. I'll bop down to my office for a bit, and then plan to come up in about 30 minutes when the cartoon is over. Like most multi-tasking moms, I lose track of time and come up a little late. The times that I've done this, I find Jack has already put himself to bed!

He listened to what I said, and when the cartoon was over, he turned the tv off - and went to bed. Today, I said, "Why didn't you come get me? I would have come and tucked you in." He just smiles and snuggles in to rest. What a sweet boy. I kind of hope I get to have another one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that makes me cry...he sure is a precious little boy...You are so lucky to have such wonderful children. The benefits of being such a wonderful mother! Happy

    ReplyDelete