Friday, January 30

Mini Vacation



We took a little mini-vacation to Altoona (15 miles south of Huxley) to an small indoor water park last weekend. A night of fun for the kids before the baby comes. They had a blast swimming! I can't believe how well Jack and Amelia did in the water. Last summer they were both still a little hesitant, it's amazing what 6 months can do. Ellie is my fish, of course ... and does very well in the water, despite not getting lessons this past summer.

I did not swim, so Billy had his hands full keeping a hand near 2 little ones ... and I just kept my eyes on Ellie! We ordered pizza and had donuts for breakfast -- every kids dream. Sleeping wasn't the easiest thing - sharing a room with 3 kids. Two that move constantly, I thought Jack was for sure going to fall out of bed ... or give his sister a black eye. And another that doesn't sleep well in strange places. I think Amelia was up from like 1:30-3:30am. I took a short stay at rocking her, but Billy stayed up the rest of the time until she finally went back to sleep.

The thought of taking 4 to a hotel is very daunting, b/c I don't believe we could actually really sleep! And after we did get the kids in bed at 8pm ... what were we supposed to do? We sat in the hall on the floor and talked. We maybe should have gotten a pool side room, so we could have had a deck off the room. Something to consider for next time.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, something else I forgot to tell you...poolside room with a deck is a must for Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete