Sunday, August 2

4th Of July Family Vacation

Ellie with a bit of frosting on her face.

Amelia enjoying a frosting and star-adorned cupcake from our neighbor.

Jack met a young girl next door a year older than him one day. He asked me if I knew her name and told me that she was beautiful. He was very shy around her that evening while roasting marshmallows and blushed when we talked about him liking her. It was the first time I had seen this side of him.

My two favorite boys

We are ready to hit the sandbar! Beers all around... I mean, juice boxes.

The reason Billy goes to the Mississippi!


A Mississippi Spa treatment

Evelyn enjoyed stretching out inside the boat under shade

After a long day of boating - Amelia fell asleep on the ride back.


Ellie with her oh-so-sweet High School Musical sunglasses

We took all the kids up to my parent's cabin in NE Iowa near Marquette over the 4th for a few days. It getting to be quite a trip to take 4 kids - a family of 6 - on vacation. So the short-ish drive and free accommodations is a blessing. Well, plus it's my favorite place on earth - that helps too.

We had a great time - the weather was a bit cool, but we still got two opportunities to hit the sandbar and let the kids enjoy the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment