Monday, August 10

I'm amazed!

Amelia "reading" Dinosaur Roar! to Gma Barb on the way to Joplin, MO

I am just amazed each day at how much Amelia excels at things. She was an early talker -- putting full sentences together that most anyone could understand before 18 months. She's really picked up her colors this past few months (which Jack has really struggled with), and yesterday I was shocked at how many shapes she knew. I was drawing them on a pad and she just zipped them right out: square, triangle, circle, star, heart. I stumped her with hexagon though!

Billy shared this cute story with me tonite. Jack and Amelia were in the basement playing together and watching some TV. Billy heard them arguing and started to come downstairs to see what the rucous was about. This is what he heard:

J: "Amelia, the Grinch is not green!"
A: "Yes, he is!"
J: "No, he's not! He's red."
A: "I'm going to go tell my daddy! Daddy, the Grinch is green."
B: "Jack, sorry buddy, but Amelia is right. The Grinch is green. He has a red hat on though."
J: "Hmph!" (arms crossed - mad face)

Uh-oh. I'm a little worried about his self-esteem. Will the little smartie-pants sister that excels in colors, shapes, and other things make him feel stupid? Hopefully it just makes him try harder this year in preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment