Monday, April 22

Fill Up - So You Can Pour Out!

Random thoughts from yesterday:

Those of us that are Christians are claimed by Christ and have given ourselves over to Him.  I absolutely 100% believe that He is all I need, but yet there are periods of my life that I come up empty.  Empty even when life is really going quite well, and as I look around I find nothing but love and support, health and wealth around me.  Why then do I feel empty?!  I'm blessed!  I'm healthy!  I'm loved!  Empty?  There is no place for you here empty -- but yet here you sit.

From the sermon yesterday at Hope Ankeny, I learned that what we need to fill up are God's Love, Grace from Jesus, and the Power of the Holy Spirit.  Yep.  I believe that.  Nicely said, Pastor Scott.  But how do I do that in the midst of feeling empty?  How do I feel God's love?  Where does the grace of Jesus come from -- it's kind of abstract.  And the Holy Spirit, well, I'd like to tap into that power ... where's the spigot?

When we do fill up, the next step is to pour out our overflowing wonderfulness to others.  Don't just keep blessing the blessed, but find someone in real need of your effervescence.   I'm currently in a "pouring out" phase.  I'm filled up.  I'm blessed (more than I deserve) and want to share those blessings with others.  But I've been in the empty spot before ... not too long ago.

I've created an ever fluent circle*:  being empty -- filling up -- pouring out.  Where are you today?
*sorry, I don't do graphics, except in my head.  bummer.

And more so, when you are empty how do even begin to get the ball rolling to fill up?

When you are filling up -- what are you doing?

When pouring out, how do you choose where to pour??

These are the questions I'm reflecting on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment